Ask Kochie: Tips to invest your money, setting a family budget and saving for children’s education
Did you miss this week’s Facebook Live session with David Koch? Watch the segment now as he gives a rundown on this week’s economic updates and answers questions from his audience on Facebook.
Questions answered this week:
- Where is the best place to invest money at the moment? With interest rates being so low, is it best to focus on paying down mortgage?
- Tips for new parents on one income, mortgage and a car loan?
- Does using payment options like After Pay affect your credit rating?
- How often should you review your family budget to make sure it’s still relevant? Insurance policies, electricity providers etc is yearly enough?
- What’s the best way to save for children’s private school education?
- If you have the capital to afford a new family car, is it better to purchase outright or leave that money offset against the mortgage and lease the car instead?
- I have a $16k travel allowance as a sales executive at a new job. What are the tax pros & pitfalls to consider?
- I’m retired. Money in a term deposit is not returning very much these days with low interest. How do I get my money to work for me without high risk?
Watch the segment: