Ask Kochie: How to invest $100k, set up a self-managed super fund and prepare for early retirement
Did you miss this week’s Facebook Live session with David Koch? Watch the segment now as he gives a rundown on this week’s economic updates and answers questions from his audience on Facebook.
Questions answered this week:
- I set up a fundraiser using one of my own bank accounts for a Wildlife Feeding Group that I also set up. What do I have to do as far as tax goes with this bank account?
- How can I shortlist the best kids’ bank accounts? Should I put money for my 22-month-old in an account that’s in her name or mine?
- For someone who will contribute compulsory super all their working life, should they still add extra into their super fund?
- How hard is it to set up a self-managed super fund?
- We met with a bank’s financial advisor a couple of years ago and he was not helpful at all. We want to focus on early retirement for my husband in 3 years and he earns a great income but we have no savings as we are paying off debt. Should we use our investment property to reduce the debt or keep it for later on as an income.
- I’m 65 and near retirement. I’m nervous about my super fund. Is it too late to become self funded through real-estate?
Watch the segment:
Don’t forget to tune into next week’s Ask Kochie Facebook Live session on Tuesday, 1.30pm